Thanks for volunteering to be a Game Day volunteer this season. Here are specifics for your duties:
Set Up Field (only home games when you're the first game on that field) 2 people per game:
- Arrive when the players are supposed to arrive. Ask a coach to unlock the goals and the shed.
- Put 2 goals in the designated goal circles on the field.
- Set up the table with 2 chairs on the players' side of the field (on the platform at HTMS).
- Set up the scoreboard and use the remote to turn it on.
- If the sun is out, please set up a tent for the players and/or the score table.
- Put an orange pylon at each corner of the field. If the game is at HTMS, put 1 pylon on each side of the scoring table to mark the substitution box for each team.
Scorekeeper (only home games) 1 person per game:
- Sit at the table on the players’ side of the field and mark changes in the score and period. A copy of the NEWTOWN LACROSSE RULES will be taped on the table for reference.
- Please work with the Time Keeper to help him/her remember when to stop/start the clock.
Tip: Wait until the referee blows the whistle and does the “goal” hand motion before adjusting the score. Sometimes there is a foul or other issue and what appears to be a goal will not count.
Timekeeper (only home games) 1 person per game:
- Sit at the table on the players’ side of the field and run the clock. You'll also be responsible for keeping track of penalty times for the older divisions. A copy of the NEWTOWN LACROSSE RULES is taped on the table for reference. Feel free to review with referee prior to the game.
- Please work with the Score Keeper to help him/her to remember to adjust the score.
Stat Recorder (all games) 1 person per game or season:
- Fill out the coach's stat sheet and return sheet to coach at the end of the game. Feel free to use this stat sheet template: boys, girls if your coach doesn't have one he/she wants to use.
Take Down Field (only home games when you're the last game on that field) 2 people per game:
- After the game, turn off the scoreboard.
- Lock the goals back up and put the scoreboard/table/2 chairs/tents/4 pylons back in the shed and lock it up.
-Clean up any trash left on sidelines
If you have any questions, please contact your Team Parent.
Pope Junior Greyhound Lacrosse is a volunteer run youth lacrosse program,
dedicated to teaching and promoting the game of lacrosse to players of all
skill levels. We pride ourselves in providing a safe environment for our
players, coaches, and parents.
Our positive instruction is focused on learning lacrosse fundamentals
through active participation, fair play, and friendly competition. We promote
the values of good sportsmanship, teamwork, and respect for all players,
coaches, officials, competitors, and parents.
Pope Junior Greyhound Lacrosse is a member of the Positive Coaching
Alliance where winning is important, but teaching life lessons is more